Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What about schools?

What about schools? I have been hearing more and more lately about state governors taking away money from schools throughout the country. INSANITY! My own Governor Scott Walker from Wisconsin has taken it upon himself to call outright war on teachers, by defunding schools and making a mockery of education. I truly believe it has to do with his dropping out of Marquette University with a 2.3 GPA. Thus, his hatred for them.It’s laughable that a man with such a low GPA can come up with a budget bill that eviscerates school budgets, but leaves millions of dollars in tax breaks to those that donated to his unholy run for office.

I know there are people out there that always whine about having to support local schools with their property taxes. Especially those that do not have kids or those elderly whose kids are all grown up. If we do not educate the children of this country, then who will? Uh, news flash for these morons. Imagine your community with a high concentration of undereducated kids with little or no opportunities. What will these kids do with a third world education? Simply put, mass mayhem of epic proportions. What do people think is going to happen with there are no jobs for them, and McDonald’s is no longer hiring, because they have a plethora of applicants? Kids are going to do what they do in any situation like this. Crime will rise like it has never been seen before. Robberies, assaults, home invasions, and rampant drug abuse will be reality. It will all hit home when those living in their gated communities can’t even come out and live like prisoners in their own mansions. This is not fictional theory. Just look at countries around the world with similar governments that steal from the many, so that the few can live pampered lives.

I have a child that still goes to school in the Madison school system, and I find it hard to comprehend, that teachers have a higher number of kids in their classes than 20 years ago, but have to do it with less. It’s unfathomable! How are children supposed to learn when teachers can’t spend much time per student in a class of up to 40?

I myself went to school in Madison. I found the teachers back then to be very giving, and I appreciated them for all the support they gave me, because I suffered with a learning disability all the way to high school. It wasn’t until I left school that I learned the importance of a good education. Despite my inability to learn certain things as well as my school mates, I have overcome “most” of my failings, and have gone on to pursue my Business degree. If people still have reservations of school funding, then all they have to do is look how a kid me has strived to learn, and overcome those struggles.
Our children’s education is the key to getting this country back on the right track, and keep us from falling into chaos. They deserve better from us. They deserve better from our Governors.

A Sad Kid

2 comments:

  1. Our public school systems are in shambles, Milwaukee is really feeling the pain from the recent cuts. We've had schools shut down and kids have to relocate and this has led to abundant overcrowding.

    The area I am also critical of in regards to Walker, is how he is reworking our UW system universities. Instead of remembering the roots of public university schooling (striving to lower tuition costs and be available to all classes) Walker has cut millions from UW-Madison and the entire UW system to the point that by the time your daughter is college bound, tuition will have jumped to the level of a private, ivy league school! That's not what public education is supposed to represent!! From elementary all the way up to university level Walker is slashing our societies ability to access knowledge. Without knowledge, or hope of attaining knowledge, what will happen to the people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a trained Educator. Yes, the schools are in a sorry state. And of all places in adison with a history of good education.

    Take care,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete